Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

21 May 2012

Adoption Update: Gemma (formerly Holly)



 Hi Rachelle, 

"Holly" is actually Gemma now.. named after the Sons of Anarchy matriarch biker. I figured they were both survivors of the streets with scars and since I am a Harley rider... well...! 
Gemma has gone from complete terror in the home to almost completely secure. Not only does she no longer retreat to the end of her leash when greeting people, but she goes to them willingly, although VERY slowly, but she goes TO them! 


Gemma has not an angry or malicious bone in her body. She is an old, gentle soul. I could not have made my own concoction of border collie in a test tube better! 
Gemma LOVES anything outdoors. I wanted a trail running partner , as I run 25-40 miles a week on trails, however I broke my leg , (on a trail) the first week I got Gemma. S o she has not had that exposure fully yet! She is mellow and peaceful in the home, a pleasure on the leash, a crazed lunatic runningy 5 acres with my old Aussies, and has a desire to please that doesn't quit. 


Guess I'm sayin, Gemma(holly) is a keeper! I'm SO grateful. I can NEVER replace my true love Callie, my BC of almost 13 years... but Gemma has what it takes to steal the heart!

Live strong, Speak the truth. 
Dawn

No comments: