Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

18 December 2015

In Memory: Casey Ellis-Evans




MABCR Casey went to the Rainbow Bridge today, and all of us left behind will miss his dearly. 



He was many things, including the official Surfer Dude Border Collie, a certified Therapy Dog, wonderful family member, great all-around dog, and perhaps the worst car-rider I have ever encountered. (What other dog has made a long-term MABCR volunteer contemplate tossing him off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge during a transport?) 

He was picked up as a puppy, where his self-appointed "job" was chasing cars at a busy intersection on the Eastern Shore. Rescue gave him 13 years of life that he undoubtedly would not have had if he had continued with this pursuit. He was simply a great dog and will be sorely missed.

Barbara

***

On a personal note, MABCR Casey was a special friend to me. He once made it a practice to take on all of my sadness for his own. I will never forget his kindness, and his soft, sweet nature. 

I'll see you when I see you, buddy. 

xxoo 

Sarah



1 comment:

BWE said...

Oh, I forgot he as a spectacular angst-sucker,not to mention that he could cheer up anyone with his sunny smile.