Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

15 September 2010

Adoption Update: Reo

Hi Sarah,

Reo is definitely part of the family!    He is a good match for us.   Tru and Reo have become the best of friends, it makes me smile to watch them play together.  Tru has dropped a few pounds as I have been better about walking every morning with the two of them (and it’s good for me too).  Reo is just a love bug; he always wants to be loved.   Believe me, in this house, there’s always lots of hugs.   He is so happy sleeping on Tessa’s lap at night watching TV.  When we leave the house and we have to crate Reo, Tru sleeps by Reo’s crate the whole time. 

Reo is getting better with commands.  He now stops and sits when we’re walking and I give the sit command at the corner.  He sits politely in his crate and waits for his food until I release him.  Same with sitting and waiting for his leash to be put on.  Besides sit, he now gives paw.  Tessa periodically works him on some starter agility equipment.  He does settle down now much quicker, I think he finally realizes that he’s home.

We did have one trip to the emergency vet with Reo.  He loves to eat everything and he got a few of my daughter’s scrunchies.  Luckily he was able to pass them, no surgery needed.  We’ve been watching him much closer since then with possible “snacks”. 

Thanks so much for matching us with Reo.

Hope all is well with you and with the farm.

Take Care.

Mary

No comments: