Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

18 November 2010

Adoption Update: Tristan


Hey Sally,

Tristan still doing well, follows me everywhere like no one has ever paid attention to him before.   Still working on him not jumping up on people and taking food off of the counter, the dog ate a pound of FROZEN bacon about a week ago but mostly he is training us to keep food away from the edge of the counters.  

He still doesn’t bark which is a good thing but I did hear a couple of Yips in his sleep the other night which was pretty funny.

He and his little sister Macey fight/play all of the time with her starting most of the trouble, he won’t let me pet Macey as he feels he needs to run us both over getting between us.  With me being home he doesn’t spend very much time in his crate, maybe an hour or so during the day while I’m too busy to watch him and nights as well.  He like to hit me in the face with a paw if I don’t pay attention to him which makes me mad but we are working on that as well but mostly he is a good dog and we all like him.

I walk him a couple of miles about 4-5 days a week as it is still nice out and I get him to the dog park one or two days a weekend which he really enjoys but he seems to like to play with only the biggest dogs there who are 3 times his size.  Last week one of them got mad and knock him over but he wasn’t hurt.  

Gary

No comments: