Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

19 December 2011

Adoption Update: Dar

Hi Sarah,

Remember that red boy pup you pulled from a shelter in Maryland with his three sisters? Dar turned 11 today and he's still "Mr Perfect"!



After doing agility his whole life, we embarked on a new venture last Spring... APDT Rally. I didn't know how he would do in an obedience type venue but we gave it a shot. It turned out he was quite good. Last Sunday we completed his ARCH (APDT Rally Championship). After earning Level 1 and 2 titles, an ARCH requires 5 double Qs from Levels 1 & 2 in each trial, with scores over 190 out of a possible 210 and 100 points. Dar did his in straight trials with an average of 209. Not bad for a boy that never did obedience. I only wish I had tried him on sheep.



 I swore I wouldn't do it because we no longer have sheep but, last winter, at the suggestion of my agility instructor, I did a herding lesson with my young dog... just to develop confidence and control. He's a wild child in agility but to my amazement, all business with sheep. You guessed it... I'm hooked. Could easily drop the agility in a heartbeat except it's more affordable than herding lessons around here.



Doreen & Tom
Dar, Tootsie and Wiley

No comments: