Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

09 March 2013

Adoption Update: Lucy!! aka Loosy!



Last year we took in a 'border collie' that really was a mis-marked cattle dog. A friend in cattle dog rescue took her and helped her find a great forever home...I love it when rescues can work together to do what is best for the dog. Here is Lucy's update:

M-

Thanks for your email, Lucy is doing really well!  Saturday mornings have become our time to lay around and watch movies together, so we're both happily doing that right now.  We're still running (when we can, the weather hasn't been so great but luckily today the sun is out and it looks like perfect running weather!) and she loves day care.  I had to switch her day care because I moved over to a new firm, but just this week one of the women at the new place was telling me how much everyone loves Lucy so it seems like she's handling the transition well!

She's been doing much better with sitting when greeting people, though I think that will be a life-long work in progress, she just can't help herself.  But, I suppose the upside is that she's a very polite jumper, if there's such a thing - she's never aggressive about it and just very gently places her paws on people.  She is getting much much better about at least trying to remember to sit though.

Overall she is really doing well and I love having her.  Sweet and silly is the perfect way to describe her, haha - I'm attaching a picture of her I took one night.  I picked her up from day care and she was just SO TIRED.  But we got home and as usual she wanted to bounce around, chasing the cat and shaking her rope.  I was just about to come play with her when I walked into the living room to her, dead asleep and clearly mid rope-chew.  Also she fell asleep with her butt in the air.  It was absolutely hilarious. (Oh, please ignore the beer bottle on the table.)

Thanks again for the email and I hope you and your pups are doing well!

No comments: