Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

05 May 2013

Adoption Update: Banjo!!


Hi Miss Sarah!

I miss you and I miss the farm, but I really love my Mom and and big sister Gracie.  It isn't easy being the only boy in a house with two women, but I'm so easy going not a whole lot bothers me.

Every day Mom takes us for a long walk in the woods and I love seeing all the deer and squirrels.  Once in awhile we get to see a red fox on our walks.  I thought he was a dog at first and I wanted to play, but mom explained that he is not someone I can play with so I just continue on my way now. That's OK with me because my big sister Gracie is my favorite friend to play with.  We love wrestling and running around in the yard. Sometimes Gracie is grumpy or tired and doesn't want to play with me, but I'm always able to get her in the mood. When we are done we like to cuddle with each other on the floor, especially in Mom's office.

Every couple of months we also get to take roadtrips with Mom to Grandma's house in Connecticut.  I really love riding in the car and Grandma's house is super fun.  There is a big yard there and always lots of people around who want to pet me.  Mom says I'm a love bug and that I think I'm a lapdog.  I just really love being close to my people. Mom doesn't let me in her lap or on the furniture, but I sneak up on Grandpa's lap when she's not looking. Shhhh.....don't tell.

I hear Mom telling people I'm smart as a whip.  I usually learn something the first or second time she teaches it to me.  While I was waiting for Gracie to get her shots at the vet, the vet tech taught me how to dance! I thought that was pretty cool and I heard the vet tell Mom how smart I am.  I just really love learning new things. Mom took both of us to training with Mr. Shawn at Best Buddy Dog Training in Rhode Island.  He's a really cool guy and taught Mom how to be a better pack leader.  My favorite command we learned from Mr. Shawn is "place".  You can see me and Gracie doing "place" on a bench in our pictures.  Mom works with us every day on our training and it's one of my favorite things to do.

Thanks for finding me a good home Miss Sarah!

Love,

Banjo


No comments: