Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

27 March 2012

The death of pet can hurt as much as the loss of a relative - The Washington Post



The death of pet can hurt as much as the loss of a relative - The Washington Post:

"I’m no stranger to death. I was a mess of anger and confusion when my father, suffering the aftermath of a stroke, took his last gasps one day in 1995, his children gathered around his hospital bed. And three years later, the death of my sweet, beloved sister Bonny after a withering battle with brain cancer was nothing short of heartbreaking. Yet somehow, and much to my distress, the death of my dog seems even harder. I haven’t felt grief quite like this since, well, the death of my previous dog five years ago."

Please click through for the rest of this author's story.

'via Blog this'

No comments: