Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

24 March 2012

New epilepsy gene located in dogs




New epilepsy gene located in dogs: "A new epilepsy gene for idiopathic epilepsy in Belgian Shepherds has been found in the canine chromosome 37. The research of Professor Hannes Lohi and his group conducted at the University of Helsinki and the Folkhälsan Research Center opens new avenues for the understanding of the genetic background of the most common canine epilepsies. The research also has an impact on the understanding of common epilepsies in humans."

Please click through for the rest of this informative article.

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

Tara Lee said...

I never heard this kind of disease in dogs until I came across your post. I became worried now because I had a half breed belgian shepherd. I wonder how can this be prevented. I really love my dogs. I just bought them new dog beds last week. I've got to search more information regarding this one. Thanks for sharing.