Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

15 March 2012

It's the Little Things


Yesterday was a big day.

Nothing really big happened, in fact, it was sort of an ordinary day in most ways. If you were here, you might have even thought it was a boring day. In fact, the entire day passed without anything extraordinary happening. At all. (ok, I did have a really nice chat with a friend, but that hardly counts...)

Until evening.

I was gathering the dogs up for bed, and was going through my routine of having each dog sit whilst I clip their leash to collar and coo at them.

One by one, I greet each dog, talk to them, pet them (not just for love, but also to feel for body condition, etc).

Some say hello and linger, others are excited for dinner and a good night's sleep.

Mick is nearly always last. He likes to dance around, be silly, and bounce off of my bent over self. I love that he does this, he was so repressed and suspicious when he came to us.

I turned and spoke to him. He sat, kissed my nose, and schnuffled my ears.

A first.

It's the little things.




No comments: