Dog Days

Dog Days at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue

03 March 2012

Meet Mick





I'm Mick.
I am a funny, funny boy.
I like to party like a rock star with my peeps.


yeah, I do.

no, I'm really cool...

really, I am.

hehehe...

dude...
Posted by Picasa

Mick had a bit of a rough beginning. Purchased from a breeder, he was sequestered and not given any sort of training. When he came here at 9 months, he couldn't walk on leash and really knew no commands. While he seems to understand affection, he also really seems to understand what it means to be smacked around the head and is very head shy.

Mick is learning the ropes and enjoys being pet, follows direction, and is working to master leash walking 101. He LOVES to play with other dogs and is nearly always the source of raucous good times with the fellas. He will do best in a home with similarly minded dogs, especially those that are forward and confident and love people. He is crate trained and housebroken.

Mick would benefit from a class or two, as well as additional socialization. Because he has no history with children, he will not be placed into a home with young children. I think he would be fine with savvy teenagers. He is ok with cats, but I can see he might think cats fun to chase and play with if he doesn't have dog buddies to hang with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures and the article about Mick. He is handsome and seems like a wonderful dog. Will be in touch with you...